Where do you think you’re going young man
#vegan alfredo I made for @buckmanlington. I cannot describe how delicious this was 😍😍 #veganfoodshare
3.28.2014 - Food Diary Day #165 (vegan)
- coffee with soy milk, good belly blueberry probiotic shot, whole wheat toast with earth balance and daiya chive and onion cream cheese
- tofu fresh rolls with peanut sauce and tofu drunken noodles from Coconut Cafe in Newton Centre
- sparking pineapple coconut drink
The big boss got us lunch as we had meetings from 12:45 PM - 5:00 PM. I was so full from killing all that food that I couldn’t eat dinner. No appetite!
3.27.2014 - Food Diary Day #164 (vegan)
- coffee with soy milk, good belly vegan probiotic, whole wheat toast with daiya garlic and chive cream cheese
- black bean soup and mixed greens with grilled eggplant from Whole Foods
- chocolate brownie Clif bar
- fettucine with TVP, kale, onions, and garlic in a creamy sauce
I was trying to make some sort of alfredo for dinner with the daiya cream cheese. It didn’t come out quite like alfredo, more of a creamy, spicy sauce. But it was super yummy! I really should have saved half of it but I couldn’t help eating it all up :).
3.26.2014 - Food Diary Day #163 (vegan)
- coffee with soy milk, multi-seed iggy’s bagel with daiya garlic and chive cream cheese
- quesadilla with daiya cheddar cheese and guacamole inside, and salsa from El Pelon Taqueria in Brighton
- half fudgsicle sorbet, half madagascar vanilla coconut ice cream from JP Licks in Newton Centre
- steamed kale salad with tofu, beets, carrots, corn, and chipotle ancho vinaigrette with dry roasted wasabi flavored edamame
When I came out of the shower this morning, boy had already made breakfast… at my house! What a sweetie. And boy does that boy love bagels :). I had never tried the daiya cream cheese before but I loved it!
Lunch was messy but full of gooey cheesy deliciousness. The madagascar vanilla coconut vegan ice cream flavor this month special at JP Lick’s is delectable. This was my third time getting it in like 2 weeks! Oops! Well at least I finished off the day with another nice healthy salad. The dry roasted wasabi edamame gave it a much-needed crunch!
Free #vegan thai food from the big boss for being mentally present at work on a Friday 😜 #veganfoodshare
3.25.2014 - Food Diary Day #162 (vegan)
- coffee with soy milk, whole wheat toast with cheddar daiya slices
- oriental flavor ramen
- steamed kale salad with tofu, avocado, cherry tomatoes, carrots, corn, and cindy’s kitchen chipotle ancho vinaigrette
Boy and I decided to cook today so we went to Whole Foods and got a whole bunch of ingredients for these incredible steamed kale salads. Ever since I went to Life Alive for the first time, I love to re-create a Life Alive style salad or bowl- steamed kale topped with 3-4 veggies, vegan protein, and a delectable dressing.
I have to admit, I really super love Cindy’s Kitchen dressings. They also have a completely vegan Korean Kimchi dressing that is mind-blowing. They are in the refrigerated section of Whole Foods and a bit expensive, but totally worth the splurge to take your salads, bowls, marinades, etc. to the next level!
It was a great night- so nice to cook and eat super yummy healthy food with my boy :).
3.24.2014 - Food Diary Day #161 (vegan)
- hummus and veggie sandwich on whole wheat and a half a hummus and veggie whole wheat wrap from Sandwich Works, Newton Centre
- vegetable soup with roasted tomatoes, pastina, TVP, carrots corn, garlic, and kale
Decided to go to work straight from the hotel on the Monday after Anime Boston in order to save a vacation day. I thought it was going to be a rough day, but I turned out being the one at work with the most energy! I was too hungover to eat breakfast but nommed these leftover sandwiches when I got to work :).
When I got home, I whipped up this SUPER DUPER delicious soup from some stuff I had laying around, including tomatoes I had roasted before leaving for AB so they wouldn’t go bad, and a handful of pastina. It was nice and garlicky and crammed full of vegetable goodness. So yum :).
3.23.2014 - Food Diary Day #160 (vegan)
- apple sauce and trail mix granola bar
- vegetarian burrito with ancho chile sauce from Qdoba in the Prudential Center, Boston
- french fries from King’s, Boston (not pictured)
Last day of Anime Boston 2014! I have to admit, I wasn’t excited to be stuck eating Qdoba just because it was on the food voucher, but they ended up having a lot of cool sauces that Chipotle or El Pelon doesn’t. I went for the ancho chile sauce! It was a little sweet but super yummy with the vegetables and huge scoop of guacamole :).
3.22.2014 - Food Diary Day #159 (vegan)
- spinach salad with black bean corn salsa, tofu, roasted portebello mushrooms, sautéed onions, and avocado with kalamata olive vinaigrette and lemonade from Tossed in the Prudential Center, Boston
- spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce and tofu lettuce wraps from PF Chang’s China Bistro in the Prudential Center, Boston
Day 2 of Anime Boston 2014! We get food vouchers for staffing so I basically live at Tossed throughout the convention. My vegan friend told me, however, that they gave him chicken when he asked for tofu :(. I’ve personally never had a problem, but I noticed that sometimes I’ll get a bite of something I didn’t ask for. Not the best place for those with allergies or extremely strict vegan/vegetarians who get upset by accidentally eating animal products.
I hosted a huge enforcer dinner at PF Chang’s that same evening. It was super fun to see everyone and eat yummy vegan food :). Usually I get the coconut curry tofu, and that’s delicious as well!
3.21.2014 - Food Diary Day #158 (vegan)
- handful of snacks (wasabi peas, pecans, etc) (not pictured)
- qdoba vegetarian burrito (not pictured)
- yasai katsy curry (eggplant and sweet potato) with brown rice and mixed greens salad with Japanese pickles from Wagamama in the Prudential Center, Boston
This was the first day of doing tech staff for Anime Boston 2014- so fun and exciting! My boy came for the first day. We ran around on my breaks and had a nice, yummy date night at Wagamama :D. We had been wanting to go together for a long time. It was really a great day :)