8.11.2014 - Food Diary Day #252 (vegan)
- Summer Harvest sandwich with Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Roasted Red Pepper, Bermuda Onion, Red & Yellow Tomatoes, Sprouts, Mixed Greens & avocado on Toasted Multi-Grain with cucumber tomato salad from Shirley’s Cafe in Baltimore, MD
Before hopping on the plane back to Boston, I grabbed brunch with my friend at this place a few blocks from the convention center that I kept hearing about. There wasn’t really anything vegan on the menu but I got them to take the cheese and aioli off of this sandwich and add avocado.
I have to say it was delicious and super satisfying! The side salad of cucumber and tomato was also surprisingly yummy. I expected something super basic but it was tangy and full of flavor. Sometimes you can get the most unexpectedly tasty vegan food in the most unexpected places :).
8.10.2014 - Food Diary Day #251 (vegan)
- Porkless Piggy soft taco with apple cilantro coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, and habanero chipotle aioli from the Sexy Vegie Food Truck in Baltimore, MD
- Black bean burger soft taco with avocado salsa, lettuce, tomato, and sweet chilli sauce from the Sexy Vegie Food Truck in Baltimore, MD
Last day of Otakon 2014! That of course means time to after-party. This after-party was super unique in that they had a whole bunch of food trucks instead of some blah non-vegan friendly buffet that I usually get stuck with.
I definitely wanted to go to the Korean food truck but I was a champ and went over to the vegan truck to show my support. Out of these two, the porkless piggy was incredible! The sweet, tangy glaze on that “pork” was out of this world. I highly recommend it if you’re in Baltimore!
So romance ❤️#landscape #newhampshire #lake #sunset #romantic #canobielake (at Canobie Lake Amusement Park)
8.6.2014 - Food Diary Day #250 (vegan)
- tofu lo mein from Grasshopper Vegan Restaurant in Allston, MA
- coconut magic bar ice cream on a sugar cone from FoMu in Allston, MA
My partner and I wanted to go get food together before I went away to Baltimore for Otakon 2014. I had been craving Chinese food but I have to say this lo mein really missed the mark. I should have gotten it with veggie pork or something instead of tofu.
The coconut magic bar ice cream was great! Really fun to get it in a cone again like a little kid without having to worry if it’s vegan or not. But I have to say, ice cream is too sweet for me these days- weird!
#vegan Mac and cheese pizza with herbed crust that I made 😁 #veganpizza #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #veganfoodshare #veganmacncheese
this side of paradise no filter realness #badassnatureshots #landscape #eastbrookfield (at Town of East Brookfield)