#vegan Indian food fiesta for roommate’s birthday 😁 I love the metal plates!! (at Punjabi Dhaba Restaurant)
9.4.2014 - Food Diary Day #264 (vegan)
- Veggie tempura appetizer
- Garden roll with avocado, cucumber, lettuce, carrot, and mango
- Vegetable dragon roll, sweet potato tempura wrapped with sliced avocado and topped with fried panko
- Miso ramen soup with veggies all from Wasabi at Porter in Cambridge, MA
This new Japanese restaurant rolled into my neighborhood extremely recently, so my partner and I went to check it out! The whole meal was great, but the highlight for me was definitely the vegetable dragon roll. The fried panko on top was so unique and added a great crunchy texture I feel is usually lacking from sushi. We can’t wait to go back!
9.3.2014 - Food Diary Day #263 (vegan)
- Pizza with cheddar nutritional yeast sauce, caramelized onions, crispy tofu, and herbed crust
I’ve been experimenting lately with the idea of making my own vegan cheese. As much as I love daiya and teese, I’ve heard that nothing compares to home-made vegan cheese! For this pizza, I used the cheddar preparation this recipe but only used a little bit of non-dairy milk as opposed to the 3/4 cup it suggests.
I have to tell you, this was AMAZING. If you want to take your pizzas to the next level, rub the dough with olive oil (or grapeseed oil), garlic powder, oregano, and basil before baking. It adds a irresistible fragrance and a huge punch of flavor :).
9.2.2014 - Food Diary Day #262 (vegan)
- Curry Tofu - Tofu sauteed with curry, red peppers, onions, carrots, broccoli, summer squash, zucchini, green beans, snow peas and roasted peanuts from Le’s in Allston, MA
Two of my friends have an annual pho eating challenge, so I brought my partner to witness the madness! Curry tofu is my go-to on a Vietnamese menu when I’m in the mood for something other than pho. It’s very unique and different from Indian, Thai, or Japanese curry. I highly recommend it!
9.1.2014 - Food Diary Day #261 (vegan)
- white cheddar earth balance mac & cheese and salad with peppers, carrots, black beans, corn, and two types of lettuce
I wasn’t feeling very well on Labor Day due to a family issue, so my partner made me a nice dinner :). It might seem simple, but it made me feel a lot better. We take care of each other :). Also, to pump up any mac and cheese, add some nooch & garlic powder- super yum!
8.31.2014 - Food Diary Day #260 (vegan)
- Field Roast frankfurter on whole wheat hot dog bun with ketchup, whole foods meatless burger on sesame seed bun with lettuce, tomato, and guacamole, some sort of cold millet salad with cucumbers, salad with chips on top
- Vegetable soup with farfalline pasta and tofu with garlic breadsticks and salad with coconut bacon
Went to a Labor Day cookout with my partner and his friend. We brought our own veggie burgers and veggie dogs so that we could enjoy the BBQ! It was yummy but it was so much food!!!
After the cookout, we went to my house and walked around my neighborhood, going to Cambridge Naturals, Michael’s and Pemberton Farms. My partner found that new coconut bacon which he is now obsessed with and also Earth Balance sour cream and onion chips which we are now BOTH obsessed with. So many yummy new vegan products, so little time!!
8.29.2014 - Food Diary Day #259 (vegan)
- Pho Chay - Tofu and vegetable rice noodle soup from Pho Countryside in Quincy, MA
Went on a date with one of my besties to get pho! It smelled amazing in this place which made it kind of disappointing that the soup broth didn’t taste like much of anything. The spring rolls were great though!
I had so much fun Saturday turning this beautiful “chicken of the woods” foraged mushroom into this beautiful meal with @madeinmaxico !!!
8.28.2014 - Food Diary Day #258 (vegan)
- Toasted Iggy’s sesame seed bagel with Tofutti and “all the vegetables” lettuce, avocado, red onion, tomato, and sprouts with a side of macaroni salad from Diesel Cafe in Davis Square, Somerville, MA
It was my partner’s birthday so before heading off to Canobie Lake for the day we stopped at Diesel to get his favorite: bagels! One of my new very favorite things is a bagel from Diesel with tofutti and “all of the vegetables”. In fact the first time I got it, I loved it so much, I immediately went out and got all the ingredients so I could make myself a copycat version for breakfast for the next two weeks! So simple & delicious.
8.22.2014 - Food Diary Day #257: Part 2 (vegan)
- GYA THUK rice noodles with a simmering broth, tomato, onion, spinach & bok choy with vegetables and tofu sprinkled with scallion & cilantro from Rangzen Restaurant in Central Square, Cambridge, MA
My friend wanted to go out to dinner so I thought I would suggest this place in Central Square. I had never had Tibetan food before but was reading about some of their great vegetarian dishes and wanted to try it! This soup was okay, although the broth was a bit bland. But the atmosphere was great, very peaceful!
8.22.2014 - Food Diary Day #257: Part 1 (vegan)
- Macaroni and cheese and mashed potato pizza with herbed crust
I found this pilsbury pizza crust in a tube at Shaw’s that was accidentally vegan and since I (guiltily) love their accidentally vegan biscuits and crescent rolls, I decided to try it! Especially since I always have a knackering for a fresh made pizza pie…
So I decided to combine two of my most favorite things! Mac and cheese and pizza! I made sort of 3 versions in one- some with tomato sauce, some without, and when I ran out of mac and cheese 3/4 of a way through, I threw on some leftover mashed potatoes :).
It was amazing! My favorite was definitely the plain mac and cheese pizza without the tomato sauce. I thought it would be too basic, but it was so creamy, crunchy and tasty :).